chain coupling, roller chain with sprocket assembly for transmission system.
Chain couplings are suitable for the elastic transmission of rotating components over a wider speed range.
the couplings consist of 2 pre-drilled sprockets with the same number of teeth and a double roller chain DIN8171 with a straight spring lock
the simple opening of these couplings allows quick assembly and disassembly by simply loosening the connecting chain
all in one, the product offers an optimal price / ratio for numerous applications.
on request and depending on the application, the chain couplings can be supplied with hardened teeth as well as with a bore with an adjusting screw cap per wheel
Technical data list,
|Coupling No||Chain type||Teeth Number||Dm||A||E||L||H||d|
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
Can chain couplings transmit both torque and linear motion?
No, chain couplings are primarily designed to transmit torque between rotating shafts and are not intended for transmitting linear motion. The main function of a chain coupling is to connect two shafts in order to transfer rotational power from one shaft to another.
Chain couplings achieve torque transmission through the engagement of the roller chain with the sprockets on the connected shafts. As the driving sprocket rotates, it imparts rotational motion to the chain, which in turn rotates the driven sprocket connected to the other shaft. This mechanism allows the torque to be transmitted from one shaft to the other.
However, chain couplings do not provide a means for converting or transmitting linear motion. They are not designed to handle axial displacement or linear forces. Attempting to use a chain coupling for transmitting linear motion would result in inefficient and unreliable operation, as the coupling is not designed to handle the specific requirements and forces associated with linear motion.
For applications that require the transmission of linear motion, there are other types of couplings specifically designed for this purpose. Examples include rack and pinion systems, linear couplings, or specialized linear motion couplings that incorporate mechanisms such as ball screws or lead screws. These couplings are designed to convert rotary motion into linear motion or to transmit linear forces directly.
It is important to select the appropriate coupling type based on the specific requirements of the application, whether it involves torque transmission or the transmission of linear motion. Consulting the manufacturer’s specifications, guidelines, or seeking expert advice can help ensure the correct coupling selection for a particular application.
Can chain couplings accommodate angular misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of angular misalignment between the connected shafts. Angular misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and form an angle with each other.
Chain couplings are flexible in nature, and their design allows for some degree of angular displacement. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can bend and adjust to a certain extent to accommodate the misalignment. This flexibility helps to reduce the stress on the coupling components and allows for smoother operation even in the presence of angular misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of angular misalignment. Excessive angular misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the angular misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also essential to identify and address any misalignment issues. If significant angular misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken, such as realigning the shafts or considering alternative coupling options that are better suited for the specific misalignment requirements.
It is worth mentioning that chain couplings are more tolerant of angular misalignment compared to some other types of couplings, such as rigid or gear couplings. However, it is still important to strive for proper alignment during installation and minimize any excessive misalignment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the different types of chain couplings available?
Chain couplings come in various designs and configurations to suit different application requirements. Here are some common types of chain couplings:
- Standard Roller Chain Couplings: These are the most basic and widely used type of chain couplings. They consist of two sprockets connected by a roller chain. The sprockets have hardened teeth that engage with the chain rollers, providing a reliable power transmission. Standard roller chain couplings are generally suitable for applications with moderate torque and speed requirements.
- Double Roller Chain Couplings: Double roller chain couplings are similar to standard roller chain couplings but feature two parallel roller chains instead of one. This design increases the torque capacity and allows for higher power transmission. Double roller chain couplings are often used in applications that require higher torque and increased load-bearing capabilities.
- Silent Chain Couplings: Silent chain couplings, also known as inverted-tooth chain couplings, use a special toothed chain with a meshing sprocket design. The teeth of the chain engage with the sprocket grooves, providing a smooth and quiet operation. Silent chain couplings are commonly used in applications where noise reduction is important, such as precision machinery or equipment operating in noise-sensitive environments.
- Heavy-Duty Chain Couplings: Heavy-duty chain couplings are designed for applications that demand robust and rugged performance. They are constructed with larger sprockets and heavy-duty roller chains to handle high torque and heavy loads. These couplings are commonly used in industries such as mining, steel, and paper manufacturing, where extreme operating conditions and heavy machinery are present.
- Flexible Chain Couplings: Flexible chain couplings incorporate an elastomeric element, such as a rubber or polyurethane insert, between the sprockets and the chain. This element provides flexibility, damping, and some degree of misalignment compensation. Flexible chain couplings are suitable for applications that require shock absorption, vibration damping, and moderate misalignment tolerance.
- Stainless Steel Chain Couplings: Stainless steel chain couplings are specifically designed for applications that require corrosion resistance and sanitation, such as food processing, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. They are made of stainless steel or other non-corrosive materials to withstand harsh environments and maintain hygienic conditions.
These are just a few examples of the different types of chain couplings available. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for specific application requirements. It is important to carefully consider the torque, speed, misalignment, environmental factors, and other application-specific needs when selecting the appropriate chain coupling type for your particular application.
editor by CX 2023-09-18