chain coupling, roller chain with sprocket assembly for transmission system.
Chain couplings are suitable for the elastic transmission of rotating components over a wider speed range.
the couplings consist of 2 pre-drilled sprockets with the same number of teeth and a double roller chain DIN8171 with a straight spring lock
the simple opening of these couplings allows quick assembly and disassembly by simply loosening the connecting chain
all in one, the product offers an optimal price / ratio for numerous applications.
on request and depending on the application, the chain couplings can be supplied with hardened teeth as well as with a bore with an adjusting screw cap per wheel
Technical data list,
|Coupling No||Chain type||Teeth Number||Dm||A||E||L||H||d|
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
Can chain couplings accommodate parallel misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment between the connected shafts. Parallel misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and run parallel to each other but at a distance.
Chain couplings have some inherent flexibility that allows them to tolerate a certain amount of parallel misalignment. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can compensate for small parallel displacements between the shafts. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the coupling components and allows for smooth operation even in the presence of parallel misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of parallel misalignment. Excessive parallel misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, uneven load distribution, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the parallel misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Proper alignment during installation is crucial to minimize parallel misalignment. The shafts should be aligned as closely as possible to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment. In some cases, additional measures such as shims or adjustable mounts may be necessary to achieve the desired alignment.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also important to identify and address any parallel misalignment issues that may arise over time. If significant parallel misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken to realign the shafts or consider alternative coupling options that are better suited for parallel misalignment requirements.
In summary, chain couplings can accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment, but excessive misalignment should be avoided. Proper alignment during installation and adherence to manufacturer’s guidelines are essential for ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the maintenance requirements for chain couplings?
Maintaining chain couplings is essential for their reliable and efficient operation over time. Regular maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and prolongs the lifespan of the coupling. Here are some key maintenance requirements for chain couplings:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for the smooth operation of chain couplings. Regularly lubricate the roller chain and sprockets with the recommended lubricant. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the type of lubricant to use and the frequency of lubrication. Lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and noise, and it extends the service life of the coupling.
- Inspection: Regularly inspect the chain coupling for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Check the sprockets, roller chain, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings for any abnormalities. Look for worn teeth, elongation of the roller chain, loose or missing fasteners, and excessive play in the coupling. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the coupling’s proper functioning.
- Tension Adjustment: Check the tension of the roller chain regularly. Improper chain tension can lead to premature wear and affect the coupling’s performance. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct chain tension and make adjustments as necessary. Proper tension ensures optimal power transmission and helps accommodate misalignments.
- Alignment: Monitor the alignment of the shafts connected by the chain coupling. Misalignment can cause excessive stress on the coupling components and lead to premature failure. If misalignment is detected, take the necessary corrective measures, such as realigning the shafts or using alignment tools. Proper alignment promotes smooth operation and prolongs the life of the coupling.
- Contamination Control: Protect the chain coupling from contamination by keeping the surrounding area clean. Dust, dirt, debris, and moisture can affect the coupling’s performance and accelerate wear. Use appropriate covers or guards to shield the coupling from external contaminants. Regularly clean the coupling and remove any debris that may have accumulated.
- Periodic Replacement: Over time, the components of a chain coupling can experience wear and fatigue. Periodically replace worn or damaged components, such as sprockets, roller chains, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings, with new ones. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule for component replacement to ensure the coupling’s reliability and prevent unexpected failures.
- Documentation: Maintain proper documentation of the maintenance activities performed on the chain coupling. Keep records of lubrication schedules, inspections, adjustments, and component replacements. This documentation helps track the maintenance history of the coupling and provides valuable information for future reference and troubleshooting.
By following these maintenance requirements, you can ensure the optimal performance, longevity, and reliability of your chain coupling. Regular maintenance minimizes the risk of unexpected downtime, reduces repair costs, and maximizes the efficiency of your machinery or equipment.
What are the disadvantages of chain couplings?
Backlash: Chain couplings can exhibit a certain degree of backlash or play due to the clearances between the chain rollers and the sprocket teeth. This can result in reduced precision and accuracy in applications where precise motion control is required.
Noise and Vibration: The engagement between the chain and sprockets can generate noise and vibration during operation. This can be problematic in applications where noise reduction is important or where excessive vibration can affect the performance or integrity of the machinery.
Maintenance Requirements: While chain couplings are relatively easy to maintain, they still require regular attention. Lubrication of the chain and sprockets is essential to reduce wear and friction. Additionally, periodic inspection and adjustment of chain tension are necessary to ensure proper operation. Neglecting maintenance tasks can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential coupling failure.
Space and Weight: Chain couplings occupy a certain amount of space due to the presence of sprockets and the length of the chain. In applications with space constraints, the size of the coupling may limit its usability. Additionally, the weight of the coupling components can be a consideration in applications where weight reduction is important.
Limitations in High-Speed Applications: Chain couplings may have limitations in high-speed applications. At high rotational speeds, the centrifugal forces acting on the chain and sprockets can increase, potentially causing stress and reducing the efficiency of the coupling. In such cases, alternative coupling designs, such as gear or flexible shaft couplings, may be more suitable.
Wear and Service Life: Like any mechanical component, chain couplings are subject to wear over time. The chain and sprockets can experience gradual wear and elongation, requiring eventual replacement. The service life of a chain coupling depends on factors such as the operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the quality of the components used.
While chain couplings offer several advantages, it is important to consider these disadvantages and evaluate their impact based on the specific application requirements. Proper maintenance, periodic inspection, and careful consideration of design factors can help mitigate these disadvantages and ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-09-07